12/30/2008

AG's Annual Review

Ok, so it's that time of year when I look back at 2008 and see what I have acheived and what's left to do for the upcoming year.

1. Write my novel.
Ok, so, um, I haven't done this yet so I will just carry it through to 2009 because I know that eventually I'll write something and it will totally rock but I have come up against writer's block for the past 417 days... And counting. I'm really only carrying it over so James can stop asking me how my novel is doing.

2. Train for a 5km run.
Hmm, haven't seemed to get around to training. I've been meaning to train... I think. Sometimes I just stare vacantly at the expensive treadmill in my spare room. And sometimes I walk away from it and get something from the kitchen. It's a matter of priorities, really.

3. Find new apartment that is closer to friends and has better views.
You know what the whole problem is? I am anti-social by nature and it's very hard to get out of that. I like my peace and quiet and it seems to me that IF I did indeed move it would place a lot of stress on me to be social. Plus, it would be a total bitch to have to continually come up with excuses to not go out. There's only so many times my grandmother can die before friends get suspicious. I love my friends but God knows I don't need to be with them 24/7.

4. Become domestic goddess.
I think that should be amended to "Learn to cook basic stuff". I kinda have already, I so totally own toast's ass. Oh, and don't get me started on my ownage of pork chops. I think I kind of deseve a star on this one because I achieved it... kinda. Go me! I have also mastered the art of making my bed and dusting certain things.

5. Get married.
Ok, another ammended one that should have other things to factor, such as, find someone to date, break up with, get back together with, and then marry. A girl's got to set up goals, right? It's all about the goals.

No comments: