7/25/2008

My Anti-Bucket List

There are many places I would like to see and things I would like to experience before I kick the bucket, however, since I began working at the lab I have come to realize that there are many things that I have seen and experienced here that I don't think I want to remember at the end of my days.

My Anti-Bucket List... So far.

- Having a stranger's blood spattered all over me and my new lab coat... good times.
- Seeing a stranger's rectal stones. (Please belong to someone I don't know... Please belong to someone I don't know...)
- Discovering an aborted fetus while going through my recieved specimens. (It was brought to my lab by mistake - it was meant for the pathology lab - I don't think I will ever open an unlabelled brown bag without extreme caution for the rest of my traumatized life.)
-Discovering that blood stool samples are much more stool than blood.
-Understanding that the word "swab" is not as innocent as I once thought it to be as it is now almost always connected to the words "rectal", "vaginal", and "puss".
- Realizing that getting on an elevator with two transport guys and a gurney covered in black means I just got on with three people... and one of them is dead and most likely on the gurney.

No comments: