6/22/2009

The Southern Vampire Mysteries

Before last year I had no idea that these books existed but now thanks to True Blood I am fully immersed in that world. I wasn't too sure I wanted to get involved in another vampire book after the whole Anne Rice debacle of my youth but these books are so much more than just vampires. It's a whole other supernatural world and they're funny, which if I recall correctly, the Anne Rice novels were not. I am not really sure, it's been awhile since I've read those books. Also, if you're a big Twilight fan these books may not be for you as they're for grown ups only because as there is plenty of humor in the book but there's also sex and violence so it's not G-rated fare.
A note of warning regarding the books and the show to those who are interested, although many of the characters are the same the show tends to view the books as more of a starting off point rather than doctrine so things are changed.

No comments: